Terms & Conditions
1. No Doctor/Patient Relationship And No Medical Advice Or Opinion. SRF provides the Content for general informational and educational purposes only. No doctor/patient relationship is created between you and SRF or any SRF-related physicians when you use, access or view the Content. In so doing, you agree that the Content does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or other medical opinion of any kind. Because medical issues experienced by you or anyone you know are necessarily unique, you agree to seek personalized, issue-specific medical advice from a qualified physician of your choice, and you agree that nothing in the Content is to be used as a substitute for such advice.
2. SRF’s Content May Not Be Complete As Of Any Particular Time. SRF may amend, change and update the Content on a regular basis. While SRF strives to keep the Content current, due to the ever-evolving nature of medical science and techniques, and the difficulty associated with condensing complex topics into web-friendly material, SRF in no way warrants or represents that the Content is complete, correct and/or up-to-date as of any particular time. Further, any information shared in or through the Content may not necessarily represent the current views of SRF or its related physicians, it may not reflect the most current medical developments, and it may not represent a complete or comprehensive discussion or treatment of all known data or information relating to any particular topic.
3. Ownership of Content. All Content is owned and/or licensed to The Spinal Research Foundation and is subject to protection under law, including but not limited to the federal Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. §1051 et seq.) and other applicable laws.
4. Intellectual Property Notice.
a. Any use, copying, publication or dissemination of any of the Content is strictly prohibited unless you have obtained prior written permission from SRF. You may, however, print, copy or download Content for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes only. In such a case, you may not modify any Content and you must maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in the Content. If you share any permissibly obtained Content with third parties, you must include the following notice on the Content: “© Copyright 2015 The Spinal Research Foundation. All rights reserved.”
5. Permissions And Contacts. To obtain permission to copy portions of the Content, please send a written request to SRF. SRF reserves the right to deny or limit permission in its sole discretion. You agree that email notice to SRF is not sufficient notice for any purpose under any state, local or federal law unless SRF has previously agreed, in writing, that such notice is acceptable to it with respect to a particular transaction, contract or agreement.
6. Protected Marks. “SRF”, “The Spinal Research Foundation”, “We’ve Got Your Back”, “SpineOnline” and “Spinal Champions” and other related marks are service marks of The Spinal Research Foundation and are protected by law. Fair use of the service marks requires proper acknowledgment. Otherwise, SRF’s marks may only be used with permission. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
7. Links To Other Websites Or Web-Based Content Other Than SRF’s Content. Links to other websites or web-based content other than SRF’s Content may be contained within SRF’s Content and may direct you outside of SRF’s Content. SRF has no control over such linked, web-based content, and SRF is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, approve of and/or sanction it. If you access non-SRF content, you do so at your own risk.
8. Prohibited Actions. Unauthorized access to the Content, including any attempt to disrupt or alter it, may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under applicable laws (among other legal consequences). You may not use SRF’s Content for any improper, illegal or unauthorized purpose, including but not limited to any activity that infringes on any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of any third party or that defames or disparages any other person or entity, in SRF’s sole judgment.
10. Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages.
(a) SRF expressly disclaims all liability for any virus, corruption of data or other contamination of your computer, computer operating system or other device used to access the Content. SRF expressly disclaims all liability for acts or omissions related to the Content. The Content is provided “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SRF MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE CONTENT WILL BE CONTINUOUS, WITHOUT ERRORS OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE.
(b) USE OF CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE CONTENT.